Sarah dreamed of being an astronaut and having a loving, kind husband. Instead, born in Iran to a Muslim family, she found herself in an arranged marriage at fourteen, her hopes and dreams dashed. She endured years of abuse that nearly drove her to suicide, sustained only by her love for her three sons. Finally, determined to escape for their sake, she took her children and fled, putting herself at the mercy of hired smugglers.
Sarah’s harrowing and risky journey took her from Iran to Sweden, via Turkey and a Norwegian prison, attempting to ensure a better future for herself and her children. Her courage and hard work paid off, eventually leading to a successful career in Sweden. Even so, old memories of being molested and raped haunted her, and she felt hollow inside.
Then Sarah accepted Jesus as her personal Savior. She began experiencing miracles of healing?of her hatred, shame, and despair, and even of her physical illnesses. Open your heart to the remarkable story of how God has worked in Sarah’s life, and be prepared to have it change your own. He is able to restore hope, joy and purpose no matter what your circumstances. God, our heavenly Father, through His Son, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit has done this for Sarah and He is able to do it for you!
Encountering the Supernatural
Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, Encountering the Supernatural will place you on a path to a greater revelation of God’s supernatural power in everyday life. Authors Larry Kreider, Kevin Kazemi and Merle Shenk draw from the Scriptures and their own personal experiences to teach us how to be awakened to the supernatural life that is intended for everyone, including you. Through these stories and teachings, you will encounter Jesus and learn to experience His supernatural presence and power working in and through you as part of your daily walk of faith.
This book is designed to be used in these ways:
Personal study Read from start to finish and receive personal revelation. Learn spiritual truths to help yourself and others.
• Each reading includes questions for personal reflection and room to journal at the end of the book.
• Each chapter has a key verse to memorize.
Daily devotional Eight weeks of daily readings with corresponding questions for personal reflection and journaling.
• Each chapter is divided into seven sections for weekly use.
• Each day includes reflection questions and space to journal.
Mentoring relationship Questions can be answered and life applications discussed when this book is used as a one-on-one discipling/mentoring tool.
• A spiritual mentor can easily take a person they are mentoring through these short Bible study lessons and use the reflection questions for dialogue about what is learned.
• Study each day’s entry or an entire chapter at a time.
Small group study Study in a small group setting, a class or Bible study group.
• The teacher teaches the material using the outline provided at the end of the book. Everyone in the group reads the chapter and discusses the questions together.